The intensive outpatient program for trauma is three days per week, three hours per day and is conducted via telehealth.
Why choose trauma-specific treatment?
Outpatient trauma treatment is designed to address PTSD and Complex PTSD.
Such experiences include:
- Physical, sexual and emotional abuse in childhood
- Domestic violence
- Medical trauma
- Work related trauma
- Combat trauma
It’s critical when dealing with trauma to find a program that will help the patient heal.
Intensive outpatient trauma therapies include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), the resourcing aspects of Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR), Internal Family Systems (IFS), Narrative Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy. Along with intensive group therapy that can be beneficial, this program also offers medication management and other services that may not be offered by another facility.
Each patient at Del Amo Behavioral Health System is assessed by our team to determine the best trauma recovery program fit. An individualized treatment plan is evaluated on a regular basis by members of the multidisciplinary treatment team directed by the patient’s psychiatrist. We want to help you on the road to recovery, and targeting our treatment for your specific needs is the right way to do just that.
Signs of unresolved trauma may include:
- Suicidal ideation
- A pattern of out-of-control and self-injurious behavior
- Staying stuck in the “victim” or “perpetrator” roles
- Inability to tolerate feelings or conflicts
- Disorganized attachment patterns
- Intense self-blame and feeling unworthy
- Extensive comorbidity or multiple diagnoses
- Black and white thinking and other cognitive distortions
- Intrusive thoughts, images, feelings and nightmares
- Self-destructive addictions
- Unmanaged dissociation
- Individual and group therapies
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive restructuring
- Experiential anger management
- Relapse prevention
- Adjunctive recreation
- Concurrent addictions group
- Continuing recovery plan
Del Amo Behavioral Health System is here to help those experiencing trauma or post-traumatic stress disorder through trauma-focused, evidence-based therapies throughout the healing process at our trauma treatment center. We’re here for you. Reach out to us today to get started.